13 June, 2009

How can I restore the flow for my koi pond waterfall pump?








Question:

I moved into a house with a large koi pond over the summer. The waterfall used to flow quite strongly,
but now the flow is very weak. Even when I run the water straight from the pump to the waste tube
(bypassing the filter and waterfall), there's not much flow. I emptied out the leaf basket that sits just

before the pump, but that didn't help. What else should I try?    http://www.koifishlovers.com/   


Answer:
Does it sound the same as when you first moved in? Did you ever run the pump before without the
filter and waterfall to have a good comparison?
I recently bought a house that had a large pond and stream/waterfall. During last winter as things
settled one side of the stream became lower and was slowly leaking water and thus decreased the flow
of the falls and the water level. If that's not it, take your pump to a local greenhouse/nursery that
specializes in water features and see if they can help you. Most greenhouses are locally owned and thus
bend over backwards to help customers.

I Want My Free Koi Care Secrets Email Mini Course Now!   http://www.koifishlovers.com/   

I had a koi pond expert come by, and it turns out some tiny leaf pieces and stones had gotten stuck in 
the impellor. He cleaned them out by taking off the pump inlet cover. Now it works much better than
ever! So if anyone else has a similar problem, try taking the inlet cover off and cleaning it.


Comment From The Question:
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, the flow is much weaker now than when I first moved in (even when it
was running through the filter, but especially when it was bypassing the filter). I don't think it's settling
-- my guess is there's something stuck in the pipe between the drain and the pump, or maybe the pump
is dying.


Yes, Please Send Me My Free Koi Care Secrets Email Mini Course Now!  
http://www.koifishlovers.com/











0 komentar:

technorati